Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A healthy burger made from ground chicken filled with a tasty surprise - a portabella mushroom cap! Serve on a whole grain or sesame bun with your favourite toppings!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- ground black pepper
- 4 portabella mushrooms, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Cool and stir into the ground chicken.
- Combine the chicken with the mustard, soy sauce, tarragon and bread crumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Form into 8 1/2" thick patties about the same size as the mushrooms.
- Heat the remaining oil and saute the mushrooms until browned and limp, about 2 minutes per side.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar over the mushrooms.
- Cool and reserve.
- Place a patty on a baking sheet and top with a mushroom.
- Top with a second patty and form around the mushroom so that the mushroom is hidden.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Preheat the barbeque grill to medium.
- Oil the patties to prevent them from sticking to the grill and grill about 5 minutes per side on medium heat, or until the juices are white.
- Place on a bun and top with your favourite condiments.