Prep 40 mins
Cook 7 mins
What can I say other then WOW. That is what I hear every time I make them.
- 4 portabella mushroom caps, cleaned
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar (62ml)
- 29.58 ml olive oil (30ml)
- 4.92 ml dried basil (5ml)
- 4.92 ml dried oregano (5ml)
- 14.79 ml of minced garlic (15ml)
- salt and pepper
- 4 slice mozzarella cheese
- Place the mushrooms in a large plastic bag. Add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic and salt and pepper. Place them into the fridge to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Oil the grill to help avoid sticking. Remove the mushrooms from the baggie. Place the mushrooms top side down on the grill and cook for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Flip again and add a slice of cheese to each mushroom. Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes until the cheese melted and the mushroom is tender and cooked through.
Easy and delicious! The marinade is flavorful and is well matched with the mozzarella cheese. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '12