1/3 Photos of Portabella "cheese Steaks"
This is one of my favorite lunches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 pocketless pitas
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Heat 1 Tbs. olive oil over medium-high heat in a 12-inch skillet until hot.
- 3Remove mushroom stems and slice mushrooms into 1/4 inch slices.
- 4Cook in skillet until tender and browned, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- 5In the same skillet, heat remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil over medium heat until hot.
- 6Add bell peppers, onions, salt, pepper, and water.
- 7Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender and golden, about 15 minutes.
- 8Stir in vinegar; remove from heat.
- 9Gently stir in sliced mushrooms; set aside.
- 10Place pitas on a large cookie sheet; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Heat pitas until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- 11Evenly distribute vegetables and mushrooms on the pitas; roll each pita into a cone and tightly wrap the bottom half of each with foil to hold shape & prevent leakage.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella "cheese Steaks"
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.7
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 1320.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 35.3 g