Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another one of my old recipes. Let me know what you think!
Make and share this Portabella Burgers With the Works recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 4 portabella mushroom caps
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- roasted red pepper, as needed
- tomatoes, sliced
For the Aioli
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pureed garlic
- In bowl, mix soy sauce, oil, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- Brush each mushroom cap with about 1 1/2 tablespoons soy mixture.
- Grill 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- Sandwich each mushroom in a bun with 1 oz. cheese, a generous 2 tablespoons Soy Aioli, 1 lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices, and bell pepper slices.
This was a really delicious meal! I made and served just as directed. My only complaint is that it was REALLY tough to eat. Everything wanted to just slide off the bun. I think I'll leave the bell pepper off next time and see if that helps. Thanks for posting this quick, easy, tasty and healthy recipe!
Oh my goodness, I sure did enjoy this! I served with Garlicky Asparagus and was in heaven! I used whole grain bread toasted under the broiler. Great burger! Thanks! Made for PAC Fall 2009.
This was the first time my wife and I have tried portobello burgers and this far exceeded our expectations! I can't wait to eat them again.