Recipe by *Sunday*
A kind of Portobello Burger recipe that I came across on sparkpeople.com and want to keep it safe. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks scrumptious and healthy!
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced into very thin slivers
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Wipe mushrooms with damp cloth. Remove stems. With paring knife, make slits in tops of caps. Stuff slivers of garlic and herbs (if using) into slits.
- In small bowl, whisk together oil and vinegar with salt and pepper to taste. Brush mushrooms with oil mixture. Place mushrooms, cap-side down, on pan and broil or grill until soft and brown, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.