Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick and easy marinade for portabella burgers. Top with cheese if desired. Add other typical hamburger trimmings to go with your "burger".
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- hot sauce
- Combine ingredients.
- Place a small amount in a glass bowl.
- Put mushroom in marinade cap side down.
- Pour marinade on the stem side of the mushroom.
- Marinade no longer than 5-10 minutes or mushroom will absorb too much of the marinade.
- Grill, charcoal until mushroom is heated through.
THIS IS IT! This is a portabella marinade that works! I cut the vinegar to a couple shakes of the bottle because I don't like a strong vinegar flavor, but this worked wonderfully. Topped it with mozzarella and served in a bun with tomato and onion. Mmm....this one's a keeper!
This was quite good, although I think I will cut back on the soy sauce next time. I did add a crushed clove of garlic to the marinade. I let the mushrooms marinate for 8 minutes before throwng them on the grill. They were a fantastic topper for fettucine alfredo, and I will do them again.