Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Looking for a super way to fix portabello mushrooms? Look no further! from The Art of Tofu.
Make and share this Portabella Burger recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried portabella mushroom (I just use all fresh)
- 2 cups stemmed fresh portabella mushrooms
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1⁄3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat a heavy skillet with cooking spray and saute onion, shallots and salt in olive oil for about five minutes.
- Stem softened dry mushrooms and mince with fresh mushrooms in a food processor.
- Add to onions and cook another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Mix mushrooms with mashed tofu and add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Measure eight 1/2-cup portions.
- Wet hands with water to prevent sticking and form into patties.
- Place them side by side on a cookie sheet coated with cooking oil spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Before serving the burgers, heat them in a heavy skillet coated with cooking spray and grill a few minutes on each side.