1 hr 30 mins
Posted in response to request. I've had it for awhile but haven't tried it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces garden veggie tempeh, cut into bite-size squares
- 2 tablespoons shiitake mushroom sauce or 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli floret, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup yogurt or 1/2 cup soy yogurt
- 1/2 cup plain soymilk
- salt, to taste, if desired
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1/2 cup grated white cheese, such as provolone, swiss or 1/2 cup soy cheese
- 3 thinly sliced red peppers, rings
- 1Marinate the tempeh in mushroom or teriyaki sauce for 1/2 hour.
- 2Saute in oil until browned.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 5Saute the onion, mushrooms, and broccoli in olive oil for 7 minutes with salt and pepper.
- 6Add this to the tempeh.
- 7In a separate bowl, whip together the eggs with the yogurt and soymilk.
- 8Add the tempeh veggie mixture, seasoning with salt, if desired.
- 9Pour into pie shell.
- 10Top with grated cheese.
- 11Lay the red pepper rings over the top and bake for 45 minutes.
- 12Allow this to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Tempeh Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tempeh Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Broccoli Quiche With Tempeh
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.5
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 143.6 mg
- Sodium 256.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shiitake mushroom sauce