Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted in response to request. I've had it for awhile but haven't tried it yet.
- 4 ounces garden veggie tempeh, cut into bite-size squares
- 2 tablespoons shiitake mushroom sauce or 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli floret, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt or 1⁄2 cup soy yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup plain soymilk
- salt, to taste, if desired
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1⁄2 cup grated white cheese, such as provolone, swiss or 1⁄2 cup soy cheese
- 3 thinly sliced red peppers, rings
- Marinate the tempeh in mushroom or teriyaki sauce for 1/2 hour.
- Saute in oil until browned.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Saute the onion, mushrooms, and broccoli in olive oil for 7 minutes with salt and pepper.
- Add this to the tempeh.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the eggs with the yogurt and soymilk.
- Add the tempeh veggie mixture, seasoning with salt, if desired.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Lay the red pepper rings over the top and bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow this to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.