Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted in response to request. I've had it for awhile but haven't tried it yet.
Make and share this Portabella Broccoli Quiche With Tempeh recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces garden veggie tempeh, cut into bite-size squares
- 2 tablespoons shiitake mushroom sauce or 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli floret, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt or 1⁄2 cup soy yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup plain soymilk
- salt, to taste, if desired
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1⁄2 cup grated white cheese, such as provolone, swiss or 1⁄2 cup soy cheese
- 3 thinly sliced red peppers, rings
- Marinate the tempeh in mushroom or teriyaki sauce for 1/2 hour.
- Saute in oil until browned.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Saute the onion, mushrooms, and broccoli in olive oil for 7 minutes with salt and pepper.
- Add this to the tempeh.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the eggs with the yogurt and soymilk.
- Add the tempeh veggie mixture, seasoning with salt, if desired.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Lay the red pepper rings over the top and bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow this to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.