1 hr 30 mins
Posted in response to request. I've had it for awhile but haven't tried it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces garden veggie tempeh, cut into bite-size squares
- 2 tablespoons shiitake mushroom sauce or 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli floret, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup yogurt or 1/2 cup soy yogurt
- 1/2 cup plain soymilk
- salt, to taste, if desired
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1/2 cup grated white cheese, such as provolone, swiss or 1/2 cup soy cheese
- 3 thinly sliced red peppers, rings
- 1Marinate the tempeh in mushroom or teriyaki sauce for 1/2 hour.
- 2Saute in oil until browned.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 5Saute the onion, mushrooms, and broccoli in olive oil for 7 minutes with salt and pepper.
- 6Add this to the tempeh.
- 7In a separate bowl, whip together the eggs with the yogurt and soymilk.
- 8Add the tempeh veggie mixture, seasoning with salt, if desired.
- 9Pour into pie shell.
- 10Top with grated cheese.
- 11Lay the red pepper rings over the top and bake for 45 minutes.
- 12Allow this to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Tempeh Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Broccoli Quiche With Tempeh
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.5
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 143.6 mg
- Sodium 256.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shiitake mushroom sauce