Recipe by BrittanyS
This recipes comes together very quick, making for a nutritious breakfast or brunch. The portabella mushroom replaces the English muffin, and low fat cheese whiz replaces the buttery hollandaise sauce in my take of this classic dish.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Remove stem from portabella mushroom, reserve for later use if you wish. Place portabella mushroom in a baking dish/pan, gill side down. Bake in oven for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip the portabella over, top with 10 baby spinach leaves, and return to oven for an additional 2-3 minutes, or just until spinach starts to wilt.
- While the mushroom is baking poach one egg, or fry one over-easy.
- Remove spinach topped mushroom from oven, plate, and top with poached egg.
- Heat 1 tbsp of cheese whiz in a microwaveable bowl until melted. Drizzle over egg and mushroom. Serve hot.