This recipes comes together very quick, making for a nutritious breakfast or brunch. The portabella mushroom replaces the English muffin, and low fat cheese whiz replaces the buttery hollandaise sauce in my take of this classic dish.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Remove stem from portabella mushroom, reserve for later use if you wish. Place portabella mushroom in a baking dish/pan, gill side down. Bake in oven for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip the portabella over, top with 10 baby spinach leaves, and return to oven for an additional 2-3 minutes, or just until spinach starts to wilt.
- While the mushroom is baking poach one egg, or fry one over-easy.
- Remove spinach topped mushroom from oven, plate, and top with poached egg.
- Heat 1 tbsp of cheese whiz in a microwaveable bowl until melted. Drizzle over egg and mushroom. Serve hot.