1/1 Photo of Portabella and Spinach Eggs Benedict
This recipes comes together very quick, making for a nutritious breakfast or brunch. The portabella mushroom replaces the English muffin, and low fat cheese whiz replaces the buttery hollandaise sauce in my take of this classic dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- 2Remove stem from portabella mushroom, reserve for later use if you wish. Place portabella mushroom in a baking dish/pan, gill side down. Bake in oven for 6 minutes.
- 3Remove from oven and flip the portabella over, top with 10 baby spinach leaves, and return to oven for an additional 2-3 minutes, or just until spinach starts to wilt.
- 4While the mushroom is baking poach one egg, or fry one over-easy.
- 5Remove spinach topped mushroom from oven, plate, and top with poached egg.
- 6Heat 1 tbsp of cheese whiz in a microwaveable bowl until melted. Drizzle over egg and mushroom. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella and Spinach Eggs Benedict
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.8
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 223.8 mg
- Sodium 424.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 13.2 g