Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
A favorite from the owners of ‘ino.
Make and share this Portabella and Grana Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato pesto (Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto)
- 2 medium portabella mushrooms
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces grana padano, grated using the large holes of a box grater
- Preheat a panini grill; slice off the domed tops of the ciabatta rolls.
- The rolls should now be about 1 inch thick; split the rolls horizontally.
- Spread the Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto thinly but completely over the bottom halves of the ciabatta rolls.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, discard stems; clean caps by rubbing them gently with a paper towel; scrape out gills.
- Cut each mushroom cap into slices about 1/8 inch thick.
- Lay mushrooms slices across the bottom half of the rolls from end to end using 3 or 4 slices for each panino (don’t overlap).
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Top each sandwich with a thin layer of Grana Padano; cover each with the top halves of the rolls.
- Grill for 3 minutes until the bread is golden and the cheese has set.