1/5 Photos of Portabella and Gouda Burger with Garlic Mayo
1 hr 5 mins
I prefer a good portabella mushroom sandwich to a typical veggie burger anyday, and this one is excellent. It's juicy, garlicky and cheesy, and really quick. Try it on the grill in the summer, on grilled French bread with garden-fresh tomato ... mmmmmmm! Prep time includes marinating mushrooms.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large portabella mushroom caps, cleaned and stem removed
- 3 -4 slices gouda cheese (thin slices, smoked is good!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 slices fresh ripe tomatoes (thick slices)
- 2 good bakery rolls or 4 slices French bread, lightly toasted
- 1Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil,sliced garlic clove and thyme in a zipper-lock bag.
- 2Add portabella mushroom caps, zip up and marinate for at least 30 to 45 minutes.
- 3In the meantime, combine the Garlic Mayo ingredients and allow to blend in the refrigerator.
- 4When mushroom caps are ready, heat a little olive oil in a skillet (maybe another tablespoon or so) and saute for about 5 minutes, stem side down.
- 5Try to include as much of the sliced garlic and thyme as possible in the skillet.
- 6Turn mushroom caps over and top with cheese.
- 7Cover skillet and cook for about another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted (it will melt very fast, keep an eye on it--).
- 8Alternatively, these are delicious on the grill as well!
- 9Serve with tomato on toasted rolls or French bread spread with garlic mayo.
- 10Really nice with some avocado on the side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella and Gouda Burger with Garlic Mayo
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.1
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 426.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: