1/2 Photos of Portabella and Blue Cheese Salad
Adapted from MayoClinic. Very tasty, elegant, low calorie and healthy salad for 2. Just beware...it is tart (You may try adding a couple of Splenda packets to the dressing). It looks like a lot once mounded on the plates but is very low calorie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 2 large portabella mushrooms, stemmed, wiped clean and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch sections
- 1 tablespoon merlot or 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups red bibb lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, 2 whole peppers-sliced (I used a jar of Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 cup crouton (I used herb and garlic)
- 1Spray a large non-stick skillet with oil.
- 2Heat over medium heat.
- 3Add the Mushrooms, onion, garlic and asparagus and saute until tender, 4-6 minutes.
- 4Add wine or lemon juice and cook until evaporates completely, about 1 minute.
- 5In a small bowl whisk together the blue cheese, vinegar, water and black pepper to taste (I use a lot).
- 6Add 3 cups lettuce to 2 large plates.
- 7Top each with 1/2 the vegetable saute, 1 roasted red pepper, 1/2 of the whisked dressing and 1/4 cup of croutons.
- 8Serve Immediately.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella and Blue Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Sodium 974.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 8.8 g