Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, split lengthwish into halves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (5 ounce) canwhole bamboo shoots, drained and cut into halves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup walnut halves
- hot cooked rice
- Cut chicken into 1/4 inch cubes; place in small bowl.
- Add cornstarch and wine; mix until chicken is coated.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the broth, the soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of the oil and the sugar in a wok or large skillet; cook over medium heat until hot, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken to broth mixture; cook, stirring until chicken is tender, 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- Add remaining 1 cup broth; cook until thick, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Remove chicken and thickened broth mixture from wok.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to wok; heat over medium high heat 1 minute.
- Add babboo shoots, onion, garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, until onion is soft, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir walnut halves into bamboo shoot mixture.
- Return chicken and thickened broth mixture to wok; cook stirring until hot.
- Serve hot over rice.