Recipe by windy_moon
I picked the recipe up from the Southern Food section of About.com. My family loves Port Wine Cheese, but we've only had the pre-packaged Wispride version before. I'm looking forward to trying this for the holidays.
Top Review by Burger Monster
Oh wow! This spread is amazing! Don't save it for a special occasion... Go make it now! It tastes like Wispride only better and a lot fresher! I'm thinking of giving this as a Christmas gift this year.
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine wine and melted butter.
- In a food processor, combine Cheddar cheese, sour cream, salt, and cayenne pepper. Process until mixture is smooth.
- Gradually add the butter and wine mixture, processing until smooth.
- Store in airtight container and refrigerate for 24 hours for best flavor. Serve with assorted crackers. (Cooking time stated is meld time in refrigerator.).