Recipe by cricketbird
I love this from the store, but too expensive. I found 1 recipe for this, and it didn't work. I messed around with it until it was what I wanted. The way my staff at work were acting, they think this is the best. I do too, and hope the people at recipezaar enjoy it as well.
Top Review by dibalach
So very good. Was a hit at the annual Glogg Christmas party. One person wrote they reduced the port wine from a bottle to just under a cup! Where does the recipe say a bottle? Unless you drink everything while making it instead of a cup.
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup port wine
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, combine cheddar cheese and cream cheese. Pulse the food processor on and off until the two are just mixed. Put this cheese mixture into a bowl.
- In the food processor, process butter until smooth. While the machine is running, pour in small amounts of Port Wine, processing steadily until well mixed.
- Add the port wine/butter mixture to the cheese mixture. Mix together with a spoon.
- Form cheese into a ball, roll in chopped pecans, or use walnuts if you'd rather.
- Serve with crackers.