Recipe by DustyPyatt
This is a 5 star dessert for sure! I attended a cooking class and this is one of the dishes that we made. All I have is the printed out recipe so I don't know who the chef is.
- 2 cups ruby port
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 pears
- 1⁄3 cup white truffle honey
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Split vanilla beans and scrape out seeds.
- Add seeds and pod to port in a 2 quart saucepan along with cinnamon sticks. Warm gently to meduim heat.
- Peel pears and quarter them. Scrape out the core and place into Port mixture.
- Simmer until tender.
- Whip honey and cheese together until well blended.
- Drain pears and place on a serving platter.
- Drizzle with additional honey and then pipe Mascarpone rosettes on each piece.