Recipe by Barb G.
A Gourmet Sauce for Meats. The recipe comes from the Kitchen of More Than Gourmet.
Top Review by Bergy
What a delightful addition to any meat or chicken dish! I used Madeira wine and it was excellent over very thin breaded pork cutlets served with new potatoes, oven baked Asparagus and baby carrots. One thing that I had to omit was gold demi- glace(I could not find it in last minute shopping). I cut back on the water a wee bit and the result was a rich wonderful sauce Thanks Barb
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns, cracked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 3⁄4 cup port wine or 3⁄4 cup marsala or 3⁄4 cup madeira wine
- 1 5⁄8 ounces gold demi-glace
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute shallots in butter for 1-2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add cracked peppercorns, thyme and bay leaf and cook 30 seconds.
- Add red wine and reduce by half.
- Add Port, Marsala or Madeira wine and bring to boil.
- Add demi-Glaze gold and whisk until dissolved.
- Add cream and reduce, then add enough water to reach desired sauce thickness.
- Strain and serve over Beek, Veal, Pork, chicken or other grilled or roasted meats.