Barb Gertz's Note:
A Gourmet Sauce for Meats. The recipe comes from the Kitchen of More Than Gourmet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute shallots in butter for 1-2 minutes or until translucent.
- 2Add cracked peppercorns, thyme and bay leaf and cook 30 seconds.
- 3Add red wine and reduce by half.
- 4Add Port, Marsala or Madeira wine and bring to boil.
- 5Add demi-Glaze gold and whisk until dissolved.
- 6Add cream and reduce, then add enough water to reach desired sauce thickness.
- 7Strain and serve over Beek, Veal, Pork, chicken or other grilled or roasted meats.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Port, Marsala or Madeira Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.2
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.1 mg
- Sodium 92.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: