Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very simple, fresh and delicious winter appetizer. Think of it as a winter bruchetta. Spread the Stilton on thin slices of french bread and let your guests spoon on as much orange salsa as they like. I serve it with Sandeman's Tawny Porto. There is something about the Stilton and Port being tasted at the same time that makes this really special. I think the orange salsa adds a little something extra to that experience.
- 8 sweet oranges, peeled, with no white pith remaining
- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar (change it up with white or red wine vinegar)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup mint, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces Stilton cheese
- 1 loaf French bread
- tawny port
- Supreme the oranges and dice them into very small pieces.
- Toss in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients stopping at the salt and pepper and refrigerate for an hour.
- To serve: Bring the orange salsa and cheese to room temperature and slice the bread very thinly.
- Spread a piece of cheese on the bread and spoon on some of the orange salsa.
- Take a bite and follow with a taste of the port. There is something about the Stilton and the Port being tasted at the same time that makes this really special. Be sure to tell your guests that. Enjoy!