Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
without the accents because of computers.
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 bunch spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 fluid ounces of crusted port wine, see note
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 4 ounces vegetarian blue cheese, crumbled (vegetarian Stilton cheese)
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Melt the butter to sweat the onions until they are soft. Add the port. Simmer for about three minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the rest and stir makings sure it is well blended.
- Place in blender and process until sticks together. Check your seasonings [don't do this after you are finished.] Adjust if needed.
- Place in individual servers if desired. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Serve with melba toast or crackers.
- Note Crusted port is Vegetarian Friendly. If not seeking that alternative, use regular port.
- servings is a guess. Who counts?