1/1 Photo of Port and Sesame Biscuits
1 hr 28 mins
1 hr 15 mins
If I was making these vegan "tasting cookies" for company, I'd use a good white port, but I've made them with regular tawny and they were delicious as well. They're not overly sweet, but great to put on a cheese tray with fruit and crackers after dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, combine wine, oil, sugar, lemon zest and anise, mixing well.
- 2Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and sesame seeds.
- 3Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350F and line two sheets with parchment.
- 5Scoop tablespoons of dough onto the sheets and bake the cookies (while the dough is still cold) for 13-14 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through baking.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Port and Sesame Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 51.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.4 g