Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
If I was making these vegan "tasting cookies" for company, I'd use a good white port, but I've made them with regular tawny and they were delicious as well. They're not overly sweet, but great to put on a cheese tray with fruit and crackers after dinner.
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 1⁄3 cup fruity rich olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise or 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- In a bowl, combine wine, oil, sugar, lemon zest and anise, mixing well.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and sesame seeds.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line two sheets with parchment.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough onto the sheets and bake the cookies (while the dough is still cold) for 13-14 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through baking.