Recipe by Bec
Serve hot with reserved raspberries with roast game or vegetables wrapped in filo pastry. Note: If using frozen raspberries, drain well after thawing or sauce will be thin.
- 1⁄2 cup red currant jelly
- 1⁄4 cup port wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 12 ounces raspberries (fresh or thawed)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Spoon measured jelly into a heavy-based saucepan. Add port and lemon juice; stir over low heat until jelly melts and ingredients are combined.
- Reserve a few raspberries for garnish; press remainder through fine sieve. Add puree to red currant mixture in saucepan and heat gently.
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch with a little of the war sauce. Return to saucepan and cook, stirring until sauce thickens; add pepper.
- Serve hot.