1/2 Photos of Port and Paprika Chicken Bites
Lavender Lynn's Note:
Portuguese and Spanish ingredients—inimitable port wine, paprika, cilantro, and olive oil—flavor this tapas-style dish. ***Marinating time is not included in prep time.****
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons port wine (ruby or tawny)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 lb chicken thigh, boneless, skinless, cut into bite-size chunks (about 1-inch dice)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 11. Grind the garlic and bay leaves together in the work bowl of a hand blender or mini chopper. (Alternatively, chop the garlic by hand and finely crumble the bay leaves and combine.) Add the port, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the vinegar, paprika, and salt and pulse until well combined.
- 22. Pour the mixture over the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- 33. Just before cooking, chop enough cilantro to make 1/2 cup. Scatter the cilantro on a serving plate.
- 44. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high heat in a wok or large skillet. With a slotted spoon, scoop the chicken pieces out of the marinade and into the hot oil, arranging the chicken in a single layer and discarding the marinade. Cook until browned on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes, then stir-fry until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Scoop the chicken out of the pan, leaving any excess oil behind, and place the chicken on the cilantro.
- 55. Add the onion to the oil in the hot pan, return it to medium-high heat, and cook, stirring, until the onion is browned at the edges, about 2 minutes. Scoop the onion out of the oil and strew it over the chicken.
- 66. Serve the plate of chicken bites hot or at room temperature, sprinkled with a touch of salt and with cocktail picks or toothpicks for handling.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Port and Paprika Chicken Bites
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.1
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 381.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 20.1 g