Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I refer to this as an adult dip because of the Port. Whatever, it is very potent and wonderful if you like sharp flavors. I think I found it many years ago in an old army cookbook.
- 226.79 g imperial cheddar cheese (cold pack)
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml port wine
- serve with apple wedges dipped in lemon juice
- Crumble cheese.
- Beat together with sour cream and Port.
- Chill at least 3 hours and preferably overnight (covered tightly).
- This definitely improves with age.
Maybe because I love port (lol) that this recipe appealed to me immediately. What a wonderful taste! I also added some minced garlic and another splash or two of port for good luck. Totally yummy! Thank you so much for posting this recipe.