I LOVE KA's pompanoosuc porridge and always make sure I've have it on hand. It's similar to steel or Irish Oats so think either one woul work in this recipe, though I love the pompanoosuc. It's a heavy bread, with a lovely texture and intersting flavo and easy to prepare I got this on the back of the Pompanoouc bag that I ordered from KA. Prep time does not incude rising.
- Mix all ingredients together until yo've made a soft smooth dough.
- Turn onto floured work surface and knead for 3-4 minutes.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes, then kead for 3-4 minutes.
- Plae in oiled bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in bulk 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Punch down, turn onto floure surface and knead riefly.
- Shape into round or oval loaf and place on greased baking sheet.
- over and let rise for 1 hour, or until slightly less than douled in bulk. (Dough will spring back when gently pressed).
- Slash top and ake in preheated 350 F oven for 40-45 minutes, or until interior temperature is 190°F.
- Remove fro pan and cool on rack.