1/2 Photos of Porridge Bread from KA
Bonnie G #2's Note:
I LOVE KA's pompanoosuc porridge and always make sure I've have it on hand. It's similar to steel or Irish Oats so think either one woul work in this recipe, though I love the pompanoosuc. It's a heavy bread, with a lovely texture and intersting flavo and easy to prepare I got this on the back of the Pompanoouc bag that I ordered from KA. Prep time does not incude rising.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients together until yo've made a soft smooth dough.
- 2Turn onto floured work surface and knead for 3-4 minutes.
- 3Let rest for 5-10 minutes, then kead for 3-4 minutes.
- 4Plae in oiled bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in bulk 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 5Punch down, turn onto floure surface and knead riefly.
- 6Shape into round or oval loaf and place on greased baking sheet.
- 7over and let rise for 1 hour, or until slightly less than douled in bulk. (Dough will spring back when gently pressed).
- 8Slash top and ake in preheated 350 F oven for 40-45 minutes, or until interior temperature is 190°F.
- 9Remove fro pan and cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Porridge Bread from KA
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.0
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 487.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: