- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds (or sunflower seeds)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, chopped (optional depending on your menu)
- 2 tablespoons corn oil (or olive oil)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, packed tightly
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed, roasted
- 1⁄4 cup Cotija cheese
- 1 dash black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: Pumpkin seeds are also known as "pepitas".
- Roast the cumin seeds and pumpkin seeds and set aside to cool. DO NOT burn.
- In mini-blender or food processor add all the ingredients and blend to a paste.
- Can also use a pestle and mortar or molcajete to blend the ingredients.
- Stir into cooked hot rice, noodles -- spread on bolillos -- .