Recipe by Missy Wombat
Sep 11, 2003 is the 30th anniversary of the US backed coup against the democratically elected government of Salvador Allende. In memory of the 3000 people who were tortured, murdered and who then disappeared, here is a recipe for a simple Chilean dish.
Top Review by Chef Kate
This was great! One of those wonderful, humble country kind of recipes that packs great flavor. I did cook the veg in homemade chicken stock and add a good dash of pepper--otherwise--followed the instructions and really enjoyed this! Thanks, Missy Wombat!
- 2 cups white beans, cooked
- 1 small winter squash, chopped
- 2 small red bell peppers, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons milk (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer squash and bell peppers in water for 30 minutes.
- Add beans.
- In a separate pan, saute onion in butter for 7 minutes.
- Add garlic, paprika, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Stir onion mixture into beans.
- Add cheese, bread crumbs and milk.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Place into an ovenproof dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F.