1/1 Photo of Porky Potatoy Beard-Yogurt Stew
1 hr 10 mins
Actually the original name proposal was indianish porky potatoy beard-yogurt soupy stew. Beard yogurt refers to a Turkish yogurt brand. There is a bearded man on the label :-) The original recipe calls for Turkish yogurt (10% fat) can also use Greek yogurt or sour cream. You may add all the beans to the stew at early stage, then beans will go to mush. If you want to have whole beans in the stew you can add half at early stage and add the rest later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and chop onion.
- 2Peel and dice potatoes.
- 3Heat the oil in pot and fry the spices for a moment.
- 4Add the pork and brown the meat.
- 5Add water and tomato passata.
- 6Rinse and drain the beans.
- 7Add half of the beans to the stew.
- 8Add soy sauce, if using.
- 9Cover and let simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- 10Add potatoes and simmer until potatoes are tender (appr. 20-25 mins).
- 11Add pepper and check seasoning.
- 12Stir in yougurt and simmer for few 1.2 minutes or until yougurt is dissolved.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Porky Potatoy Beard-Yogurt Stew
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 945.0
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 90.5 mg
- Sodium 509.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 141.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.5 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 62.2 g