Recipe by Brooke's Kitchen
Connie's recipe from family collection
Top Review by WiGal
I will definitely be making this again but am a tad disappointed that I did not taste orange. Doubled the cinnamon accidentally and thought it tasted fine. TY Brooke's Kitchen for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
- 4 pork chops, 1 . 25-inch to 1 . 5-inch thick
- 29.58-44.37 ml oil (for frying)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 158.51 ml long grain rice
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 118.29 ml apple, chopped
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4 orange slices, thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large, deep oven-proof skillet, brown chops in hot oil over medium high heat. Cook 3-4 minutes per side. Season with salt & pepper. Remove chops & set aside, leaving drippings in skillet.
- Saute rice in drippings until golden brown, stirring constantly. Stir in water and orange juice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, stir in apple, raisins, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Arrange chops on top of mixture. Cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Arrange orange slices on chops and bake uncovered for 10 minutes longer.