Recipe by Miss Erin C.
This is from the Seasonal Cabin cookbook. I haven't tried this recipe although I intend to. it is being posted in responce to a request.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon anise seed
- 1 bay leaf, finely crumbled
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3⁄4 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 tablespoon crushed hot pepper flakes
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs pork roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 -8 cloves garlic, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients and coaresly crush with a mortar and pestle, combine with remaining seasoning ingredients.
- Rub pork roast all over with olive oil, place in a large plastic storage bag.
- Combine seasoning mix with garlic.
- Sprinkle over roast, rub into roast with fingers.
- Let the roast stand at room temp 1 hour or up to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oven to 450F degrees.
- Place pork, fat-side up in a roasting pan.
- Top with any loose seasonings in the plastic bag.
- Roast uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temp to 300F and continue roasting until internal temp reaches 155F about 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- When done, remove from oven and tent loosely with foil.
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving.