1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Miss Erin's Note:
This is from the Seasonal Cabin cookbook. I haven't tried this recipe although I intend to. it is being posted in responce to a request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon anise seed
- 1 bay leaf, finely crumbled
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4-1/2 tablespoon crushed hot pepper flakes
- 2 1/2-3 lbs pork roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 -8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients and coaresly crush with a mortar and pestle, combine with remaining seasoning ingredients.
- 2Rub pork roast all over with olive oil, place in a large plastic storage bag.
- 3Combine seasoning mix with garlic.
- 4Sprinkle over roast, rub into roast with fingers.
- 5Let the roast stand at room temp 1 hour or up to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- 6Heat oven to 450F degrees.
- 7Place pork, fat-side up in a roasting pan.
- 8Top with any loose seasonings in the plastic bag.
- 9Roast uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 10Reduce temp to 300F and continue roasting until internal temp reaches 155F about 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- 11When done, remove from oven and tent loosely with foil.
- 12Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Porketta Roast
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.9
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 178.6 mg
- Sodium 1935.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 63.8 g