Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I can always find ground pork at my grocer for a good price, so I try to keep an eye out for recipes to use it. This one is from Better Homes and Gardens. We use quite a bit more crushed red pepper. :)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces tiny red new potatoes, each cut into 8 pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large skillet cook pork, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain off fat. Return meat mixture to skillet; add oregano, salt, and crushed red pepper. Cook for 1 minute more. Transfer to a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Add broth and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. In a small bowl combine evaporated milk and cornstarch until smooth; stir into cooker. Stir in kale. Cover and cook for 30 to 60 minutes more or until bubbly around edge of cooker. If desired, sprinkle with additional crushed red pepper.