Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wow! This recipe is so much better than what I have been served in restaurants. The sesame oil in the pork mixture gives a nice flavor and I love the bit of crunch the napa cabbage has in the soup.
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 scallion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon finely grated carrot (optional)
- 1 cup napa cabbage (chopped fine)
- 40 wonton wrappers (about one package)
- 8 cups chicken broth (homemade or canned)
- 1 cup napa cabbage leaf, tips with no stem
- 2 scallions, chopped (green part only)
- Add all meat filling and let set for 30 minutes.
- Mix the chopped cabbage with the pork.
- Set out ten wonton wrappers on a counter surface.
- Place 3/4 teaspoon of the filling in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Have a cup of water handy.
- Moisten both index fingers with water.
- With a corner pointing up, moisten two adjoining edges of the corner with water.
- Repeat with all ten wontons.
- Bring the opposite corner up and fold together over the filling to make a triangle.
- Run your fingers along edge to seal tightly.
- At the bottom,fold the remaining side corners together; moisten and seal tightly.
- In a large saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil over medium/high heat.
- Using a spatula to remove wontons from counter, drop in the ten wontons, stirring gently.
- Place lid on saucepan and reduce the heat to medium.
- When the broth returns to a boil and the wontons start to float, remove pan from the heat.
- With a strainer, transfer the wontons from the pan to 6 individual soup bowls.
- Repeat until all forty wontons are cooked through.
- Pour hot broth over wontons.
- Add a bit of cabbage and scallion tops to each bowl and serve.
this got to be the best i have ever had
Really good, lots of flavor. Better than any restaurant Wonton soup.
Wow!!!...Yummy...I made this tonite for dinner as an app. it ended up being the main event ..I made as posted except I put in a can of water chesnuts ..and then added broccoli and green onion in the bowl ..then poured the broth in the bowl when done...Awesome!!...Thank you.. Aroostook ..