1/1 Photo of Pork Wonton Soup
1 hr 5 mins
Wow! This recipe is so much better than what I have been served in restaurants. The sesame oil in the pork mixture gives a nice flavor and I love the bit of crunch the napa cabbage has in the soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 scallion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon finely grated carrot (optional)
- 1 cup napa cabbage (chopped fine)
- 40 wonton wrappers (about one package)
- 8 cups chicken broth (homemade or canned)
- 1Add all meat filling and let set for 30 minutes.
- 2Mix the chopped cabbage with the pork.
- 4Set out ten wonton wrappers on a counter surface.
- 5Place 3/4 teaspoon of the filling in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- 6Have a cup of water handy.
- 7Moisten both index fingers with water.
- 8With a corner pointing up, moisten two adjoining edges of the corner with water.
- 9Repeat with all ten wontons.
- 10Bring the opposite corner up and fold together over the filling to make a triangle.
- 11Run your fingers along edge to seal tightly.
- 12At the bottom,fold the remaining side corners together; moisten and seal tightly.
- 13In a large saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil over medium/high heat.
- 14Using a spatula to remove wontons from counter, drop in the ten wontons, stirring gently.
- 15Place lid on saucepan and reduce the heat to medium.
- 16When the broth returns to a boil and the wontons start to float, remove pan from the heat.
- 17With a strainer, transfer the wontons from the pan to 6 individual soup bowls.
- 18Repeat until all forty wontons are cooked through.
- 19Pour hot broth over wontons.
- 20Add a bit of cabbage and scallion tops to each bowl and serve.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Wonton Soup
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 1493.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
napa cabbage leaves