Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
I adapted this from a recipe in West Australian Today. This makes about 100 Won Tons.
Make and share this Pork Won Ton Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, soaked in boiling water for at least 15 minutes and then chopped fine
- 500 g pork mince
- 1 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 cup bamboo shoot, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 (500 g) package wonton wrappers
- 2 liters chicken broth
- coriander leaves
- red chili
- Combine the mushrooms, pork, spring onions, garlic, ginger, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, and soy sauce in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined. You could even do this in a food processor.
- Place about 1/2 tsp of filling in a wrapper and roll up - moistening the sides to 'glue' the wonton together. I watched a Youtube video on how to roll the wontons - I heartily recommend that!
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil and drop in the filled won tons. Allow them to cook at a good simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Top each serving with some coriander and red chili.