Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
- 8 pork shoulder chops
- 4 fluid ounces sweet vermouth
- 4 fluid ounces dry white vermouth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 16 fluid ounces olive oil
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place all the ingredients, except the pork, in a large mixing bowl and blend thoroughly.
- Add the pork, mix well and leave for at least 4 hours, turning from time to time.
- Grill over medium hot coals for 8-10 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through.
- A tasty sauce can be made with the remaining marinade.
- Just add a little cornflour and heat gently, whisking all the time, until thickened.