Recipe by morgainegeiser
I love to stir fry, this one is simple and easy, taken from the Essential Asian cookbook
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 12 2⁄3 ounces spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely sliced
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 10 ounces pork loin, cut into thick strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, shaking the pan gently, until seeds are golden brown; remove from the pan at once to prevent burning.
- Trim the ends from the spinach, roughly chop the leaves and wash to remove the grit.
- Combine the garlic, spring onion, cayenne pepper and pork, mixing well. Heat the oils in a pan and stir-fry the pork quickly in three batches over very high heat until golden brown. Remove the meat and set aside.
- Add the soy sauce, sugar and spinach and toss lightly. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until the spinach is just soft. Return the pork to the pan, add the sesame seeds, toss well and serve immediately.