Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dish will put some fire in your belly to perk you up. Adjust the hotness by adding or leaving out the chilies. This sauce also works well with beef or chicken.
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 fresh jalapeno chilies, sliced
- 3⁄4 lb boneless pork, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh Thai basil, lightly packed
- 3 green onions, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbs cold water
- Combine broth, fish sauce, sugar and chili garlic sauce in a small bowl.
- Place a wok over high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat sides.
- Add garlic and chilies, cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add pork and stir-fry until no longer pink, about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Add basil and green onions. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add sauce and bring to a boil. Add cornstarch solution, stirring, until boils again and thickens.
- Serve with rice or noodles.