Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from the Qick and Easy Thai cookbook.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans (about 2 cups) or 1⁄2 lb asian yard long beans, cut into 2 inch lengths (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons prik king curry paste or 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp, finely chopped (or ground, this ingredient is optional)
- 1⁄4 lb pork, thinly sliced crosswise into 2 inch strips
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock or 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 wild fresh lime leaves (optional)
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a rolling boil. Add the green beans and cook 3 minutes, until tender but crisp. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over low heat, and add the prik king paste and dried shrimp, if using. Cook 3-4 minutes, pressing the curry paste and stirring as it softens and becomes fragrant. Increase the heat to medium high and add the prok, tossing about 1 minute to coat it with sauce.
- Stir in chicken stock, fish sauce, palm sugar, cooked green beans, and lime leaves, if using, and cook 2-3 minutes more, tossing often, until beans are heated through and sauce is well combined. Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot or warm.
This recipe was very flavorful. Family enjoyed the flavor of the sauce with the pork and greenbeans. Made as written using the ground shrimp. Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT9