This recipe is from the Qick and Easy Thai cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans (about 2 cups) or 1/2 lb asian yard long beans, cut into 2 inch lengths (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons prik king curry paste or 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp, finely chopped (or ground, this ingredient is optional)
- 1/4 lb pork, thinly sliced crosswise into 2 inch strips
- 1/3 cup chicken stock or 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 wild fresh lime leaves (optional)
- 1Bring a medium saucepan of water to a rolling boil. Add the green beans and cook 3 minutes, until tender but crisp. Drain and set aside.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet over low heat, and add the prik king paste and dried shrimp, if using. Cook 3-4 minutes, pressing the curry paste and stirring as it softens and becomes fragrant. Increase the heat to medium high and add the prok, tossing about 1 minute to coat it with sauce.
- 3Stir in chicken stock, fish sauce, palm sugar, cooked green beans, and lime leaves, if using, and cook 2-3 minutes more, tossing often, until beans are heated through and sauce is well combined. Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot or warm.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork With Spicy Greenbeans
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.5
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 756.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: