Recipe by Zaphod Beeblebrox
It's an easy one-dish recipe. You can chop the vegetables in the morning, sprinkle with lemon juice, and leave in the fridge, so all you have to do is the actual cooking when you get home from a long day at work.
- 500 g boneless pork chops (2 chops)
- 5 small red beets, sliced
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 apples, pippin or other tart,peeled,cored,and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, separated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Heat a seasoned cast iron skillet over high heat.
- When hot, add 1 T of the oil.
- Salt and pepper the pork chops on both sides.
- Brown the pork chops in the hot oil on both sides.
- Add the garlic, onion, potato, beets, and apples to the pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the oil on top.
- Salt and pepper liberally.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the pan.
- Rest the pork for 5 minutes before serving.