Zaphod Beeblebrox's Note:
It's an easy one-dish recipe. You can chop the vegetables in the morning, sprinkle with lemon juice, and leave in the fridge, so all you have to do is the actual cooking when you get home from a long day at work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
- 2Heat a seasoned cast iron skillet over high heat.
- 3When hot, add 1 T of the oil.
- 4Salt and pepper the pork chops on both sides.
- 5Brown the pork chops in the hot oil on both sides.
- 6Add the garlic, onion, potato, beets, and apples to the pan.
- 7Sprinkle the rest of the oil on top.
- 8Salt and pepper liberally.
- 9Bake for 35 minutes.
- 10Remove the pork from the pan.
- 11Rest the pork for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork with Root Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (899 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 867.1
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 167.5 mg
- Sodium 296.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.2 g
- Sugars 36.6 g
- Protein 62.5 g