Recipe by Brandee Henry
I got this recipe out of a cookbook that was given to me at a food show that I was at, entitled "The Best of the Carolinas". This is an excellent dish, and oh so easy!
Top Review by PattyW
I sliced the potatoes into planks so it took a little longer to cook than what it calls for. Not much longer. I love salt too and that added the final touch for me. Was pretty good and real easy.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup diced roasted red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chops with Black Pepper.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chops and cook 10 minutes or until browned.
- Remove chops.
- Add potatoes, onion and oregano.
- Cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add chops, broth and peppers.
- Heat to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until done.