Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wonderful dish that bakes in the oven. Doubles nicely & cooks unattended - good enough to serve guests. I like it spicier & greener - dried habanero (few seeds) & handfuls of parsley from the garden makes an especially nice dish. Serve with fresh pineapple salsa & tossed green salad (full of garden vegies in the summer). Allow 6 hours marinating time - let set in the fridge overnight. Came via email - gourmet-recipes-from-around-the-world, thank you Frank!
- Trim fat from pork; cut pork into 3/4-inch cubes. Mix pork, vinegar, onion, garlic and red pepper in non-reactive bowl. Cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, at least 6 hours.
- Fry bacon until crisp; drain.
- Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Cook and stir pork in bacon fat until all liquid has evaporated and pork is brown on all sides; drain.
- Mix pork, reserved marinade, bacon and remaining ingredients in ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees until liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.