Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is a recipe that we all enjoy in my family. Many friends have asked me for this. I have served it in many gatherings and everyone had something good to say over it.
- 1 kg pork shoulder chop
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or less, depends on you)
- 16 small white pearl onions (Don't cut them in pieces)
- 1⁄3 cup brandy
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 16 dried plums (or you can use as much as you prefer)
- Heat olive oil in skillet and sauté the shallots for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the shallots and brown the pork from all sides.
- Add the brandy and let stand 2-3 minutes, turning the pork to avoid burning.
- Then add the juices, cover with the lid and let simmer in very low heat.
- After 1.5 hour add the shallots, salt and pepper.
- 10 minutes before the meat is done. put the plums.
Very nice pork dish, very nice! Have never had pork & plums together, but the combo was tasty & much enjoyed! Will definitely make this one again! Many thanks for posting the recipe!