Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook. Per Serving: 498 calories, 56g protein, 6g net carbs, 25g fat, 162mg cholesterol, 684mg sodium
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 4 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 2 lbs center-cut pork chops, boneless
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- Add all ingredients, except from cream and cheese, to the crockpot. Mix well.
- Make sure chops are lying flat in the crock.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours
- When done cooking, use tongs to transfer pork chops to a platter.
- Add the cream and romano cheese to the crock. Stir well to combine.
- Return pork chops to the crock to coat with the sauce.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thigh can be subbed for the pork chops, if desired. Doing so will change the nutrition content to: 443 calories, 42g protein, 6g net carbs, 26g fat, 155mg cholesterol, 691mg sodium.