Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy entree. Brown sugar, ground ginger, and Dijon mustard gives this tenderloin a savory flavor.
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 (1 -1 1/4 lb) pork tenderloin
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet red peppers or 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of juice.
- Set aside 1 cup of pineapple, save remaining pineapple for another use.
- Place tenderloin on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, mustard, paprika, and ginger.
- Spread half of this over pork.
- Bake uncovered at 450°F for 15 minutes.
- Spread with remaining brown sugar mixture after cooking for 15 minutes.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer, or if you have a meat thermometer, until it reads 160 degrees.
- For the salsa, in a small bowl, combine red pepper, onion, and pepper flakes, and brown sugar., and the 1/4 cup pineapple juice., you may use the rest for another time.
- Let pork stand for 5 minutes before slicing.