Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy entree. Brown sugar, ground ginger, and Dijon mustard gives this tenderloin a savory flavor.
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 (1 -1 1/4 lb) pork tenderloin
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet red peppers or 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of juice.
- Set aside 1 cup of pineapple, save remaining pineapple for another use.
- Place tenderloin on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, mustard, paprika, and ginger.
- Spread half of this over pork.
- Bake uncovered at 450°F for 15 minutes.
- Spread with remaining brown sugar mixture after cooking for 15 minutes.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer, or if you have a meat thermometer, until it reads 160 degrees.
- For the salsa, in a small bowl, combine red pepper, onion, and pepper flakes, and brown sugar., and the 1/4 cup pineapple juice., you may use the rest for another time.
- Let pork stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders. I'm not leaving any stars on this only for the simple reason that the recipe was not very clear on what to do with the pineapple and the reserved juice. I mixed the juice with the brown sugar, Dijon mustard and spices ~ but I don't think this was right. The flavor of the pork was really good and I might just make this again if the directions were clearer.
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL PORK DISH! I really enjoyed the combo of pineapple, mustard & ginger, & although I did follow the list of ingredients, I used slightly less than the indicated amount of red pepper flakes! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup cooking game]