Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
quick and easy
- 1 (12 ounce) boneless pork filets
- 1 tablespoon flour
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons bottled/homemade basil pesto
- 4 fluid ounces medium sherry
- fresh basil leaf (to garnish)
- Trim the pork, then cut the meat on the diagonal into 1 inch slices.
- Place the slices on a board and flatten them with the base of a saucepan until they are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Preheat grill/broiler.
- Spread the flour out on a plate and season well.
- Coat the pork with the flour on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan and fry the pork slices for 2 mins on each side.
- Transfer pork to the rack of the grill pan.
- Set fry pan aside.
- Spread the top of each pork slice with pesto and grill for 30-60 seconds until bubbling.
- Transfer to warm plates and keep hot.
- Add the sherry to the fry pan and stir over moderate heat until well mixed with any crispy bits and meat juices in the pan.
- Pour over pork and serve.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.