Recipe by Barb in WNY
This recipe was copied from my mother's heart heathly book.You can also substitute pork chops for the tenderloin. Add about 10 minutes to the cooking time depending on thickness of the pork chops.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounces tomato sauce, low sodium
- 16 ounces frozen onion and three pepper blend
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fusilli, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pork in olive oil in a large skillet until browned.
- Add tomato sauce, pepper and onion blend, sherry, garlic,and herbs.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered until pork is tender, about 12 minutes,.
- Simmer uncovered until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon over fusilli in a serving bowl.