1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I adopted this recipe after Mean Chef (IHHDRO) left the site. I have not yet prepared it, but will add input when I have a chance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs pork loin, boned with fat on (if there is no fat on the loin ask a butcher for some)
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 1 head garlic
- 7 ounces butter
- 2 (15 ounce) cans peaches in juice, drained
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 15 slices pancetta or 15 slices streaky bacon or 15 slices parma ham, around
- 6 ounces white wine
- 1 tablespoon flour, about
- 6 ounces water
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Score the skin of the pork through the fat, the incisions should be about 1 centimeter apart.
- 3Turn over.
- 4Make a pocket for the stuffing by cutting an incision at an angle, about 3 inches deep in the center of the streaky part of the loin, working away from the eye meat.
- 5Starting slightly in from the side of the meat, slowly slice along the loin not quite to the end, this will ensure your stuffing won't fall out.
- 6Chop half the thyme with 1 clove of garlic and scrunch together with the butter, 1 can of peaches, and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- 7Push the butter mixture into the pocket and pat back into shape.
- 8Lay the pancetta, bacon or Parma ham over the pork, leaving the skin side uncovered, and tie up firmly with 3 to 4 pieces of string.
- 9Place skin-side up in a roasting tray with the remaining peaches, the garlic cloves, thyme, and half of the white wine.
- 10Roast for around 1 hour until the skin is crisp and golden.
- 11When ready, remove the pork and peaches to a plate and leave to rest for 15 minutes while you finish the sauce.
- 12To do this, remove most of the fat from the roasting pan, then place the pan over a high heat.
- 13Squash the cooked garlic into the pan and add 1 tablespoon of flour.
- 14Stir and add the rest of the wine with 6 ounces of water or stock.
- 15Simmer and leave to reduce for a few minutes.
- 16Strain and add any extra juices from the rested pork.
- 17Check the seasoning and consistency and serve drizzled over the sliced pork.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork With Peaches
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.5
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 172.4 mg
- Sodium 233.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 40.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: