1/3 Photos of Pork With Orange Sauce
Saw this in Good Housekeeping while I sitting at the hair salon. Too many people around to rip the recipe out of the magazine so I got it off their website. Posting before I forget so I can use soon...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 9-in. glass pie plate, combine carrots and 1/3 cup water. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on High 6 to 7 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- 2Meanwhile, cut pork crosswise into 1 1/4-in.-thick slices. Press each slice with palm of hand to flatten slightly; season both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3From orange, grate 1/2 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1/2 cup juice, set aside.
- 4Heat 12-in. skillet on medium-high until hot. Add oil, then pork in single layer. Sprinkle onion in pan around pork; cook 4 minutes or until pork browns. Turn pork over and stir onion; cook 4 to 5 minutes longer or until pork is barely pink in center. Transfer pork to plate, leaving onion in skillet.
- 5Add mustard and orange peel and juice to skillet; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- 6Meanwhile, microwave rice as label directs.
- 7Divide pork, carrots, and rice among 4 serving plates and spoon sauce over all.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork With Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.7
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.1 mg
- Sodium 128.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 34.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: