Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Received this recipe via email - sounds good so am stashing for cooler (much cooler) weather to have with big thin Sonoran style tortillas, cilantro rice & a fresh bright salsa.
- 2 lbs pork, cubed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons pepper sauce (habenero)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- parsley, for garnish
- In large bowl add pork and flour. Coat well. Heat.
- oil in large pot, add pork and ginger. Cook for 3 minutes. Add onions, tomato and parsley and cook for a few minutes or until the onion is softened. Add lime juice, stock and hot sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 1 hour. Stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving stir in mayonnaise if using. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley.
This is a very good summer recipe. Its light and has a nice kick and goes great with rice and avocado. There is some time involved but its all cooking time, but for sure worth it.